Still searching for the perfect card and gift for dad for Father’s Day? Then come say hello to us and some of our favorite Etsy makers, Sunday, June 8, 1 – 4 pm, at the SF Etsy Pop Up Market at Rickshaw Bagworks in Dogpatch!
Skip that same old awkward coworker happy hour this Thursday and have a drink with us at the Urban Air Market in Fern Alley (at Fern St. and Polk St.), 6 – 10 pm. This summer night block party will feature local makers, food trucks, and live music.
• Sustainable pop-up of local brands:
Skincare by Feleciai
Yes and Yes Designs
bright and beauty
The Weekend Store
Synergy Organic Clothing
Jasy B Boutique Truck
Angelo Joyas/ Mashala
DSF Clothing Company and Art Gallery
Healing Henna and Face Painting by Robyn Jean
Compass Rose Design
Coffee n Cream Press
Fleurette Sevin Artglass
SKIN ON SKINS
Trina Spiller Designs
• Culture Vulture DJ lounge hosted with Vita Coco
• Live musical performances by Dirty Cello, Uni and her Ukelele, Tin Cup Serenade and Dogpatch
• Food trucks: Curry Up Now and Lexi’s Custard Truck
• Henna treatments, temp tattoos and face painting by Robyn Jean; with hula hooping entertainment by Hoop Play
• Installations by Outerbody Labs, Modacine, Steven Vigil
• Live street fashion photo shoot by The Avante Gardist
Shop our Father’s Day collection tonight the StEat Bazaar put on by SoMa StrEat Food Park and FunCheapSF. This Thursday night market features local craft/artisan food vendors, special chef pop-ups, in addition to artists, designers and of course food trucks!
StrEat Bazaar – Every Thursday from 5-10pm
- Rotating lineup of up to 20 different independent craft vendors each week!
- Live music from local bands and DJs
- 5+ Top Food Trucks
- Wes Burger award-winning pop-up serving up a new type of burger each week!
- Beer Garden + Happy Hour Beer and Sangria Specials
- Fun games including corn skee ball, corn hole, bubble hockey and more!
ADMISSION IS FREE! RSVP ON FACEBOOK!
Left your Mother’s Day card and gift purchase until the very last minute? We have you covered! Our Mother’s Day card collection will be available this Sunday, yes on Mother’s Day, at Patchwork in Oakland. Get ahead of the game and pick up a card for dad for Father’s Day, which is just around the corner on June 15th.
Looking for plans this Sunday? Come to the Urban Air Market Hayes Valley Spring Show, a curated marketplace for sustainable design! Shop over 100 independent designers and artists, while listening to live performances by local musicians like Foxtail Brigades, 1 Man Banjo, Paige & The Thousand, Uni & Her Ukelele, Erin & The Brazillionaires, and Tin Bop Serenade to name a few.
Visit our booth #89 to shop our Mother’s Day card collection as well as other fan favorites.
Admission to all Urban Air Market events is free, although guests, buyers, and press are encouraged to RSVP here for a FREE tote bag:www.urbanairmarket.com/rsvp
5 BAY AREA GIFT FINDS FOR YOUR MOM by charlotte miller
Our favorite part of giving a gift is the hunt to find THE perfect gift. Living in the Bay Area, we are surrounded by creative artists, designers, makers, and thinkers, making the hunt that much more interesting. Here are our five Bay Area gift finds that will make your mama proud.
1. St. Frank // Blue Tenango Framed Textile
2. Materials + Process // Earhart Tablet Carrycase
3. Yield Design Co. // Geo Picture Stands
4. Sugar Knife Artisan Sweets // Pop Star Haute Chocolate Gift Box
5. Christy Natsumi // Remember My Love – Gold Ring
VALENTINE’S DAY DATE NIGHT AT HOME by charlotte miller
With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, we can’t help but start planning how to celebrate. Some years we can’t wait to put on our highest heels for a night on the town but this year we are opting for a cozy, comfortable, date night at home filled with locally made treats from some of our favorite Bay Area artisans.
For our Valentine’s Day date night at home all we want to do is pop open a bottle of Bluxome Street Winery 2011 Russian River Valley Chardonnay, nibble on some 479 Popcorn, and watch a movie on demand. For gifts, we decided to shop locally as well. A perfect gift for her is a 3D printed necklace by smith|allen, an interdisciplinary design firm based in Oakland that is a collaboration between an architectural designer and an installation artist. We particularly love the blue cellular series necklace shown above. A perfect gift for him is a bow tie from San Francisco company Tasty Ties. In their San Francisco collection, they designed a bow tie named after each neighborhood that captures the personality perfectly of each San Francisco neighborhood. One of our favorites is the Embarcadero shown above. Finish off the evening with cocoa collection chocolate for a sweet end to a perfect date night at home.